YouTube is the next biggest search engine in the world after Archie and processes more than 3 billion results every month. This year’s Wall street journal report showed that YouTube isn’t making any money or you can say any profit but famous YouTube stars do from advertising and that’s why it is very important to know about YouTube Advertising.
Let’s dig deeper in the technical aspect.
A person who wants to monetize his/her video(s) has to integrate his/her AdWords/Adsense account with YouTube channel. First, let us have a look at types of the YouTube advertisements. We do watch them often while watching the videos on YouTube, but we hardly have thought these are one of the best means to make money too.
TYPES OF ADS:-
- TrueView in-stream ads:-
This is the most common type of ads on YouTube. These ads run before or during the videos and viewers have to watch it at least for first 5 seconds weather they find them interesting or not. After 5 seconds, it gives an option to close or continue the adv. Here, the sponsors pay only for ads that are viewed entirety or until 30 seconds have elapsed.
- TrueView in-display ads:-
These ads appear next to videos on the YouTube watch page. Viewers see your video ad when they watch videos on YouTube. Here also, you have to pay only for the videos being clicked to watch by the viewers.
- TrueView in-search ad:
These ads are appeared on the top of the search results in YouTube. For the people who want to target particular keywords, this type of advertising is a great medium as these are displayed on the top and thus, have high visibility to the audience. And you only have to play when the viewers choose to play video.
- In-video overlay ads:-
In-Video Overlays are only available for reservation sponsorship campaigns. YouTube in-video overlay ads run on only Partner Watch pages. These are semi-transparent overlay ads that appear on the lower 20% portion of your video.
- Standard banner ads:-
These are just like the standard Google ads which come in many sizes, all you have to do is to make it very interactive and use the keywords and categories correctly to aim the targeted audience so ads can show results.
- TrueView video ads allow great ads to stand out, helping you find exactly the audience you want to target, irrespective of the device.
- Pay only when the viewer chooses to see your ad.
- Easy to track your performance with YouTube Analytics
- Advanced targeting feature helps an advertiser to target his/her audience with comfort by applying criteria on who will see the ad, on which time and where.
- With Google AdWords, you can start your campaign very easily. Upload your existing video, write a few sentences and you are ready to monetize it.
- It is very simple to re engage the viewers with remarketing. Just build a cookie list of people who have viewed your video and use remarketing to show the ads to them again.
- TrueView in-stream viewers choose not to skip an ad on average 15-45% of the time.
So, this was just the basic information about YouTube Advertising and we have much more to share. Be with us and we would share many ideas about monetizing your videos effectively.