YouTube is one of the most important tools of social media marketing and is effective for marketing products, services or spreading information. Ten years ago the marketing tools were limited to traditional methods of advertising like television, radio, newspaper, direct mail and flyers. The internet marketing and technology has changed the way business is done and also the marketing techniques. Social media marketing forms an integral part of marketing strategy today and YouTube is one of them. The statistics below speaks for itself as to why YouTube should be used to market one’s product and services.
- Billion of eyeballs are watching
- One billion users across the world
- Time spent on YouTube by every person on an average is 2-3 hours
- Millions of hours of everyday viewing on YouTube generate billions of views
- YouTube is available in 61 languages and is localized in more than 70 countries
- YouTube is available on mobile and smartphone
- More than 200 hours of video are uploaded every minute
- Millions of advertisers use YouTube as an Ad platform
- Small businesses are increasingly using YouTube
YouTube is a very strong mean to reach customers, but using YouTube alone will not bring results. It has to be blended with other channels of marketing and only a right marketing mix will give you the edge. One can leverage YouTube to build a long term relationship with the customers.
Although, it seems easy to advertise on YouTube, it is not so simple to get viewership. Also, it may not work for all types of businesses and one has to understand which channel would work best for his company and products and then create an integrated marketing strategy.
- Video is a more convincing form
It is important to educate, inform or entertain viewers through videos on YouTube. The success of your campaign depends on how you communicate with your viewers and the value you offer which is a key differentiating factor. And videos are indeed more effective than text and images.
Some key factors to keep in mind while using YouTube are;
- Short and crisp message that’s consistent with other channels
- Innovative presentation
- Choice of right target group and category
- Marketing strategy with measurable goals
- Linking website, blog, Facebook or other social media with YouTube
- Create brand awareness with information and solution
It is important to make good videos and share them appropriately to increase viewership. Offering solutions to problems or sharing useful tips help to increase viewership rapidly and ranking on Google. Most business selling products or services use YouTube to
- Create product or brand awareness/promotion
- Provide training on how to use a product
- Convey benefits of the product
- Recruit staff
- Make corporate communication
- Demonstrate and prove expertise
- Get a chance to stand with big names
YouTube offers many advantages to businesses that a normal channel of marketing would not offer. Using YouTube increases the authenticity and authority of your website making you capable of standing with the big names.
The other advantages that cannot be overlooked are;
- YouTube is free and easy to use
- Get a chance to place your product with big influencers
- The customer reach is widespread
- It is simple and convenient to upload videos
- Builds trust and loyalty in a short span of time
- Short constant and consistent messages can be given at intervals
- Increased viewership establishes product/ service success
- Enables measurement of the video’s success or failure within few days
- Enhances visibility and connectivity with the customer
- Provides Low- cost online advertising
- Facilitates to earn through Google Adsense program
- Allows advertising on other videos
One should not ignore the power of YouTube as it has become an imperative tool in marketing that grows viewers and business in manifolds. It is worth investing your time and money on YouTube for its huge benefits and effectiveness. Some of the very successful examples of YouTube marketing are; Quiksilver & Roxy, Ford Models, University of Phoenix Online, The Home Depot, Nikefootball. So, don’t be late in getting most out of this very rewarding marketing tactic.