Big data is not a craze. We are exactly toward the start of a revolution that will touch each business and each life on this planet. In any case, heaps of individuals are still treating the idea of Big Data as something they can overlook — when really, they’re going to be run over by the steamroller and that is called as Big Data. Big Data implies numerous things to numerous individuals, however how expansive is its effect? We, without a doubt see a great deal of buildup encompassing big data yet I believe the following 25 facts represent themselves and paint a reasonable picture of the wonder we call as Big Data – a marvel that is changing the planet as we know it.
Big data can be characterized as, Technologies and systems that make catching value from data at a great scale. The catchphrase here is economical. In the event that the expenses of extracting, making use and processing data surpass the favorable circumstances to be gleaned, then it’s a pointless activity. Luckily, as information volumes have developed, so as the technology that brings its utilization into the ambit of most organizations.
Here are a few facts about the wonder we call as Big Data. They are as per the following:
- More than 90% of all the data on the planet was made in the previous 2 years.
- Data is growing at a faster rate than any time in recent memory and by 2020, around 1.7 megabytes of new data will be made each second for each individual on the planet.
- Google alone procedures by and large more than 40 thousand search inquiries for each second, making it more than 3.5 billion in a solitary day.
- Facebook users on an average offer 30 billion bits of content between them each day.
- It has been expected that by the year 2020, the measure of computerized data in presence will grow from 3.2 zettabytes as per today to 40 zettabytes.
- It began in the 1960’s, as marketers utilized individuals’ postal codes to assemble information on clients.
- We are seeing a monstrous development in video and photo information, where consistently up to 300 hours of video are transferred to YouTube alone.
- The amount of information exchanged over mobile networks expanded by 81% to 1.5 exabytes every month somewhere around 2012 and 2014. Video represents 53% of that aggregate.
- Consistently, we send 204 million mail messages, create 1,8 million Facebook likes, send 278 thousand Tweets and upload about 200,000 photographs to Facebook.
- The boom of the Internet will imply that the measure of devices that join with the Internet will ascend from around 13 billion today to 50 billion by the year 2020.
- The big data industry is kind of expected to develop from US$10.2 billion in 2013 to around US$54.3 billion by the year 2017.
- AT&T hold’s the world’s biggest volume of information in one exceptional database. It’s telephone records database is 312 terabytes in terms of size and contains just about 2 trillion rows.
- In the event that you burned all the information made in only one day onto DVDs, you could stack them on top of one another and certainly reach the moon twice.
- Inside of five years, there will be more than 50 billion smart devices on the planet, all created to gather, analyze and share information.
- Big data has been utilized to anticipate violations before they happen.
The above mentioned are a few facts about Big Data. You can also see which domains are utilizing it maximum and how. Drop your message in the comment box if you have anything to share about Big Data or if you want to know something more about it.